- the inspection door to check that there is no dust deposit inside the nut and that the necessary gaps between moving and fixed parts are maintained;
- suitable gaskets to avoid excessive fluid leakage from the flanges;
- suction and discharge protection nets*;
- motor suitable for the area of use.
The impellers are made of aluminium or polyamide reinforced with glass fibres:
- aluminium drum or carbon steel drum with riveted brass band, usable up to 245°C.
- glass-fibre reinforced polyamide with carbon steel drum, usable up to 110°C, for sizes up to 450 with 2-pole motors, up to 900 with 4-pole motors.
*) The ATEX directive and the CE marking impose the respect of the machine directive, therefore the Atex fan, at normative level, must be considered as a quasi-machine and therefore completely protected. The fan is usually not a system on its own, but it is integrated inside more complex systems. Once a careful analysis of the risks has been carried out, if the safety is guaranteed by the systems themselves, the user is allowed to remove only the protections that are excessive. These protections must however be left together with the fan in view of a possible change of use of the same.